ACW Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACW Updates

The older ACW titles released through HPS are not front burner for updates - adding in the new 2D Zoom In view. I need some testers lined up to get these reviewed so we can publish them relatively quickly...so please post here if you can help. Chickamauga is first up. And spread the word if you can...would like a dozen or so people if at all possible.
    Rich Hamilton

Board Moderator
    JTS Operations Manager

I have all of the ACW HPS titles and I have Win7 Pro.

I can help out on all titles, if needed.

Comment

Added a thread to ACWGC, no idea if they will leave it there or not seeing as they seem to have some issue with inactive members abusing posting privileges, and I am not an active member ... but well, yeh,

http://www.wargame.ch/board/acwgc/vi...hp?f=4&t=20671

I did try though.

Also,I guess the Blitz can ignore my message about HPS being confusing -these are all going to be updated and published under JTS, which was the reason I sent over the message. I dunno, I think I will leave that alone in hindsight.

I don't think I can help out with the testing (full plate which I imagine you are aware of), but if you find there are any issues with the graphics - you know where to find me, and I can probably fix it, or at least have a look.
      JTS Graphics Coordinator/Scenario Designer

Webmaster:
      http://hist-sdc.com

Comment

Hi Rich I have most but not all but i will help let me know.
        The way is shut it was made by those who are dead and the dead keep it.

The way is shut.

Comment

Rich,
          I have most of the games installed (purchased from HPS and patched up). I have Chickamagua installed. minsterpfleck at yahoo dot com
          Jim Pfluecke

Comment

Thanks guys, should have something to review soon...JT has a couple other things, but shouldn't take much longer to get the first update to beat up. When I have it I'll post a list of the things I am looking to have tested...will be a bit more rigorous than some previous patch testing as we have a few intermittent issues being reported.

Rich Hamilton

Board Moderator
            JTS Operations Manager

Comment

Rich,

I have a Chickamauga game going so I can't help out with this one but I will not be starting any other new games for a bit so I'll be able to help out with the next title.
              Ken Miller

Comment

Ok guys, grab the beta update here: http://www.johntillersoftware.com/pr...ga_201_upd.zip - then email me at Support@johntillersoftware.com and I'll issue you a serial number.

It should be noted that once released all players will need to migrate to this update - this is not compatible with the HPS version. There is no charge for this, but we will not be issuing any more updates through HPS.

Things to check:

I have had random reports of problems with night fatigue issues, but have not been able to recreate them myself. So playing some turns in which you move several types of units over multiple terrain types is necessary looking closely at the results.

Isolation rules - have had a report of problems with this as well, so several test situations would be ideal.

Have had reports of counter battery fire losses not being reflected in the victory point dialog.

And just generally need to check all operations so that we're sure all aspects of the game are solid and no bugs exist. The reports I have received are few and far between...so I think the build is solid, but it needs multiple eyes on it to be sure.

Process: When testing a situation be sure you have a save file before you test a situation, then if a problem does occur create a new save file to show the results. Then submit both files to me (zipped) at the support account.

You can use stock scenarios or even set up situations in the scenario editor if you wish...testing engine functionality out here, not so much the scenarios themselves. We can make scenario adjustments as well of course if need be.

Need these items & general play looked at both against the AI, PBEM & it would be wonderful if the network play could be looked at as well...this could be done with two separate computers in your home if you have them on your local network.

If you play a PBEM match against another person please do not use PBEM encryption.

Time table - the sooner the better on results, but I of course understand real life obligations. :-) John is traveling starting today so any results will be accumulated and addressed when he returns. This round of testing is the most critical as if there are engine bugs we want to find them out now - so that all future updates have the fixes included.

Let me know if you have questions & thanks for your efforts.

Rich
                Last edited by rahamy; 01-14-2017, 06:10 AM.
                Rich Hamilton

Board Moderator
                JTS Operations Manager

Comment

Hello...anyone see my post? ;-)
                  Rich Hamilton

Board Moderator
                  JTS Operations Manager

Comment

Will read it- but as it happens I have an SN for that one, so I'm good until you get to the next one. Will grab the update now.

Webmaster:

Comment

I never received any email notification stating the anything new was posted here and I am willing to bet the other other guys didn't either.

I just happened to check as I thought is was strange not to be hearing anything more about this.

Email sent.

Comment

Ric: Question - this update is for guys going from HPS to JTS version, correct?

Do they need the graphic files from the JTS version? More specifically, I think that there is a distinct possibility that the elevation hexsides would be missing in the HPS versions, and without those files in the update for HPS to JTS versions you will end up getting reports of weird things happening where the elevations change when using the extra 2d zoom (like has happened in other series).

I think that you'd need to do this for all of the titles in the ACW series that you want to get to the JTS standard, so something to consider when putting together an update folder.

Webmaster:

Comment

Hi Rich I just got it will need serial no.
                          The way is shut it was made by those who are dead and the dead keep it.

The way is shut.

Comment

Originally posted by S Trauth View Post
                            Ric: Question - this update is for guys going from HPS to JTS version, correct?

Do they need the graphic files from the JTS version? More specifically, I think that there is a distinct possibility that the elevation hexsides would be missing in the HPS versions, and without those files in the update for HPS to JTS versions you will end up getting reports of weird things happening where the elevations change when using the extra 2d zoom (like has happened in other series).

I think that you'd need to do this for all of the titles in the ACW series that you want to get to the JTS standard, so something to consider when putting together an update folder.

Thanks, your right, the graphics files were not included...I just grabbed everything that has been updated from Overland and put it in the zip, so now graphically things are working.,.I have put a new update at - http://www.johntillersoftware.com/pr...ga_201_upd.zip

And - this is for everyone - either JTS or HPS version owners. This puts everyone on the same page.

Rich Hamilton

Board Moderator
                            JTS Operations Manager

Comment

I have most of the games and running WIN7. Can help if still needed.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Big Grin :D Frown :( Mad :mad: Stick Out Tongue :p Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x

What company publishes the games supported by these forums?

Working...
                              X